The Constitution of Dirleton Good Neighbours
Dirleton Good Neighbours
Dirleton Good Neighbours is a Constituted Community Group promoting & organising Community Connections
1. Name . The name of this non-profit making constituted group is Dirleton Good Neighbours.
2. Aims. The aim of Dirleton Good Neighbours is to promote, encourage and organise community connections, activities and events for Dirleton residents and to liaise with local or relevant community groups. The initial inter-generational activities will include a monthly Lunch Hub open to all Dirleton residents and visitors and the setting up of a Friends of Dirleton Good Neighbours to keep interested residents updated on DGN activities.
3. Equal Opportunities. Dirleton Good Neighbours will not discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexuality, disability, religious or political belief, marital status or age.
4. Organisation. The management of Dirleton Good Neighbours will be carried out by a Committee with a minimum of four and a maximum of nine members to include a Dirleton Good Neighbours Facilitator, and Treasurer ; and Co-ordinators for Volunteers, Initiatives for the Elderly and for Communications. Other roles will be specified, shared and rotated as required. The Committee and Officers will be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting. Ordinary meetings will be held not less than four times a year.
5. Annual General Meeting. This will be held within 15 months of the previous AGM. The date, time and place will be publicised to village residents a month in advance, and there will then be two weeks to notify any items to be brought up for discussion at the AGM. At the AGM a summary of the year’s activities will be made; the accounts will be presented for approval and the Management Committee will be elected. Any changes to the Constitution should be notified at least a week in advance of the AGM and will be voted on at this meeting.
6. Meetings. The committee will meet at least four times a year. A quorum for decisions at all meetings and AGM shall be four. The aim shall be to reach decisions at all meetings by consensus, but if this cannot be achieved, a vote shall be taken with the Dirleton Good Neighbours Facilitator having a casting vote.
7. Finances. A bank account will be maintained on behalf of Dirleton Good Neighbours at a bank approved by the Committee. Three signatories for the account will be set up, and the approval of two signatories will be required to authorise payments. A record of income and expenditure will be maintained and an annual statement of accounts presented at the AGM. All money raised by DGN will be spent solely on the aims laid out in the constitution.
8. Dissolution. If it is decided to close down Dirleton Good Neighbours, this shall be by the agreement of a majority of the members of the Committee, and four weeks notice of a meeting to dissolve the organisation shall be given. Any remaining funds or assets shall be distributed in terms of the aims of the organisation.